Busan Ulsan Adventure

It had been two weeks ago but I feel it was like yesterday. I do still remember all these wonderfull journey. The journey that made me can not stop to say “wow” all the day. My eyes was like being nailed with the views. It was about how I am falling in love with Busan and Ulsan, big city in South Korea.

For three days I travelled with other Wow Korea Supporters from Asean country and Middle East as well. It’s really unforgetable because I got much unpredictable experience. This trip was begun in Friday at 11 am, but I went at Thursday because from Gangneung station to Ulsan station(the place of all Wow Korea Supporters will meet) will takes 8 hours by train and the train from Gangneung is only available at 5 pm. And you know what? There is no direct train too, so I had to be transfered to other train in Dongdaegu station. From gangneung to Dongdaegu I used Mughunwa, and from Dongdaegu to Ulsan I used KTX. Most of my friends were worry to me, because this was the first time I went individually in Korea. But, actually I felt challenged instead. I felt more challenged when in Dongdaegu station I took wrong train.

So, when I was in Dongdaegu I met two foreigners who had same destination with me. They are from Saudi Arabia and China. They are student in Ulsan University. After asked them, we went together to the train. Based on the schedule, actually our train will go at 00.54 am, but we took the train at 00.50 am. So, finally we were dropped out at other station (I forget the name) because this train was going to Busan, not Ulsan. Fyuh. It was hard night. But at least, now I know that KTX train schedule is really punctual.

These foreigner felt like guilty. So finally they invited me to went together to Ulsan by taxi. It took 1,5 hours and the price is so much, around KRW 90.000. We stopped at Ulsan University at 2 am and we separated there. Now, I was confused how’s to go to Ulsan station in this dark cold night. So, I decided to wait morning and slept all night in McDonal.

One thing that you have to know about Korea. You will never get lost here, because Korea Government have provided website to inform anything about street, place, or transportation. That’s why, I prefer browsing in the internet instead of asking people. Hehe. One thing again that makes me amaze here. Most of public services are digital and automatic. So, without knowing Korean Language, you can be able to survive. Morever every street label in Korea are not just provided in Hangeul, but also English even Chinese as well.

with some other supporters in Ulsan station

After morning came, I took a bus, and finally I arrived at Ulsan station at 6 am (Friday). I still didn’t see other Wow Korea Supporter yet since the appointment for meeting was at 11 am. I was so sleepy, I was so tired, and I was so hungry. But finally It’s over when other Wow Korea Supporter came and we began the trip. My sleepiness, my exhausted, and my hungriness suddenly lost. I was so excited.


On the first day, we went to Daewangan Park. It was so windy, but all the beautiful sceneries covered it. In Daewangan Park, we can see the seaside is littered with rocks carved into interesting shapes by the wind and ocean. So beautiful. 

Daewangan Park
 After that, we went to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI). We explored on Ansan Memorial hall and learn about HHI workers, philosophy, activity, and many more. We also be invited to see directly how’s huge ship are built. I did still amaze how can they build these giant ships. In my mind, I just thought maybe it is what they said “Titanic”. Haha. The next trip was Oegosan Onggi Village (OOV). Onggi means earthenware. So here we can see many traditional or unique onggi crafts. Even, I could see many onggi’s from various countries, belonging to Indonesia. I felt touched. Hehe. After that, “Busaaaaaan, we are comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!”

In Busan, we stayed in Dong Busan Hotel and believe me this hotel is really luxurious, looked from all the facilities.  Actually, we had game and party at that night in hotel. But I was so tired because “you know what I mean”, so I didn’t join. Unfortunately. L

Maple tree in Dalmaji Road

Saturday morning, I woke up freshly and I was ready for the second day adventure. After breakfast, we went to Haedong Yonggung Temple. Haedong Yonggungsa Temple is located on the coast of the north-eastern portion of Busan. It was really nice because rare of a temple along the shoreline like this. Most temples in Korea are located in the mountains.


The next trip was Dalmaji Road. Dalmaji-gil Road is a small walkway on the corner to Songjeong Beach. Here’s I found maple trees with gradation color which really showed autumn. In Dalmaji road, actually me and my team had practiced to sing and dance “Kom Sae Mari” song. Unfortunately, we have no time to record this. This trip just too fast for us. 

my team

After Dalmaji Road, we were going to Haeundae. We went to Shinsegae Mall, a big shopping center in Asia. Then we went to Busan Aquarium. In Busan Aquarium, we can find various species of fish, algae, reptiles, and amphibians. Then, we went to Gwangan ri Beach. The beach scenery is really beautiful with skyscrapers around it. And Finally, the second day trip was closed with spectacular 9th Busan Fireworks Festival in Gwangalli Beach. It’s really famous, so that many people came to watch it, not only Korean native. To avoid traffic jam, every vehicles were prohibited to pass the street, and we had to walk to the location. Maybe it’s around 2 km and it looks like carnival. It’s tiring and cold, but it was paid by 2 hours non stop colorful fireworks dancing in the sky. So worthy!

it is the video of Busan Fireworks Festival

at Nampo dong
The third day or we can say the last day, we went to Taejongdae. It’s famous for its rock beach. Featuring its highest peak at 250 meters, there are forests of pine trees and other 200 varieties of trees. After that, we went to Nampo dong, a market that also famous in Busan. Many street food are also provided here. In Nampo dong we can also find Busan International Film Festival and see bronze handprints of the star on the street.


And unfortunately, our trip were ended here. We separated with others Wow Korea Supporters to return to their each hometown. Some of them returned together to Seoul, and the others returned individually. I was included in individually return. So, my adventure was not over yet. In Busan, I used subway for going to Busan terminal. And believe me, it was the first time I used Subway. I was like so astonished. Hehe. After that, I used bus to go to Gangneung. It’s better that using Mughunwa because it only took 5 hours. I really miss this amazing journey and I can’t wait for the next trip. Thanks Korea Tourism Organization, I am so lucky being part of Wow Korea Supporter.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.