BACKPACKING TO SEOUL


This year, Chuseok in Korea comes in a row with other holidays, I don't know what the others holiday name but all I know is now I have 10 days holiday sequentially. Haha. It's from August 30th to Oct 9th. Yah, imagent that!!! It's even longer than my religion holiday.

At the beginning of holidays, I and my roomate tried to travel Seoul for the first time. Not very first time for me actually because I've been there before when I was exchange student. BUT IT'S 4 YEARS AGO!!! Thank's God, Seoul has not many changed, especially the subway metropolitan line or the tourist information person who always walk around the tourist spots.

Our trip was really un-planned. We booked bus ticket to Seoul even at Day-1 and we got the last chairs left. Haha. We slept in our friend's house. We always got anywhere with our big packpack, and you know what? we traveled without internet connection!!! We don't have ARC yet, so we can't buy phone number for DATA/INTERNET CONNECTION. So, the question is HOW COULD WE ARRIVED AT EVERY TOURIST PLACE?? haha. We used a map that we asked from the tourist information person. It's not software FYI, it's really paper!!! Suddenly I feel like DORA the explorer who always asking "Let see the map!", "Can you see the bridge?", Or "We did it!! We did it!!! Huray!".

The map contains about Seoul Subway Line Map, Tourist Area in Seoul + the way to get there, and many more. So, here I suggest you!! First time you come to Seoul, try to find tourist information person. They wear orange uniform and they used to walk around tourist spots especially market place like Namdaemun, Myeondong, Dongdaemun, Insadong, etc.

So, here's the places we visited and how much money that I spent for this travel :

Indonesian Embassy in Korea, entance fee : KRW 0 
You won't never imagent how excited I was when I could get here. I was literally jumping because I felt like home. I was here actually because I needed to join the meeting with Indonesian Student Association (PERPIKA). Yes, I join this organization as the staff.


Seoul International Firework Festival in Hangang River, entance fee : KRW 0 
I thought it's called international because its popularity is in interntaional level, but actually it's because the dancing fireworks appear with various styles of every country. It's really amazing but the Busan Firework Festival is a way better. Maybe because it's free while Busan Firework Festival is not.
Seoul International Fireworks Festival

Namdaemun, entance fee : KRW 0 

It's a market, no entrance fee of course. Haha. Here's where I got my holy map. Haha

Namsan Tower, entrance fee : KRW 0
There's a bus that can take you to the Namsan Tower Location. It's only one thousand something korean won. Very Cheap! It's up hills so I am not recommending you to take a walk. 
At Namsan Tower

Gyeongbokgung Palace, entrance fee : KRW 0
We can get there by Subway line number... Mmmm... (I don't remember. Haha),which only 1000 something korean won. OMG!! I'm not really good in memorizing number. You can also rent a hanbook in this place, it's around 10k something. Haha.


At Gyeongbokgung Palace


With the soldier in Gyeongbokgung Palace


Historical Museum, entrance fee : KRW 0
It's located right beside the Gyeongbokgung Palace. We accidentally got in this museoum because it was raining a lot. Haha. But it's good. There are many historical information about Korea that we can get from there.


SM Town, entrance fee : KRW 0
If you are really into Korean Pop, it's really good to visit. But me? I was getting there because I was lost. haha. We were trying to visit COEX Library, but everyone seems going there so we just followed them. Haha


COEX Library, entrance fee : KRW 0
Firstime I came here, I feel like I am the smartest person in the world! Actually I will feel that everytime I am in Library. Haha. I am not really into book or reading, but my friend is, so here we were.

Gangnam, entrance fee : KRW 0
It 's an area in Seoul which I heard from a song. Hahha. People say that this area is full of stylist korean people, so I was there literally to see "Oppa Gangnam Style!!" *with dancing the gangnam style dance*. After getting here by subway (before 30 minutes) we took a bus to see around Gangnam. After got off the bus (before 30 minutes) we took subway again. Don't imagent us running a lot, because within 30 minutes we can still walking around seeing Oppa Oppa. Hahah. And you know what? because the transition time from Subway-Bus and vice versa is within 30 minutes so the transport fee is all free. Haha.

Seoul National University, entrance fee : KRW 0
We got here because my friend are going to study here one year later. She really want to visit here. My point about SNU is that it reminds me of UNDIP (my undergraduate campus). I used to walk going back to my house from campus, through a wet street in UNDIP with some little rain, in the evening, with many youth are jogging around me. And in SNU, the smell, the weather, the sky, the wet street, the jogging people, are totally like this. I was suddenly like having dejavu. I like that.

Itaewon, entrance fee : KRW 0
As a moeslim, I think it is a must visited place in Korea. Here the atmosphere is really moeslim friendly, not only because there is a big mosque but here we can always see many moeslim foreigner that greeting with "Assalamualaikum" in every meet. Even the food is mostly moeslim-friendly. Moreover, there is program from KTO called "Halal Restorant Week" here. You can sign up the program via internet then you can get discount coupon worthed 10k won and 3k won for eating halal food in Itaewon.

Makan makanan ala-ala india di Food Halal Restorant

Well, now you see the pattern  that I only visited the free entrance tourist spots. Haha. I spent my money mostly in transportation. What? food? Not really.. I am eating only for keeping alive so as long as it can be eaten, I am okay. I am not that type of Food Traveler. I am a backpacker or low budget traveler. Haha. So that's all my story and thanks for reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hai kak Vhiefa, aku mau tanya dong apakah jurusan nursing di sana juga masuk dalam beasiswa GSK ini atau gimana ya kak ? Terima kasih banyak kak, maaf sudah mengganggu waktunya.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.